Friday, February 3, 2012

Black Glitter Gradient


OPI Skull & Glossbones, LA Girl Glitter Addict Uninhibited, OPI Black Onyx

Black glitter! So epically amazing!!! I recently received one of my massive hauls of nail polish and one of the polishes I was quite excited about was this LA Girl Glitter Addict one. I love all kinds of glitter. It's one of my favourite substances, especially when it's in nail polish form. So of course I just had to have this one. Black glitter! I just can't get over how cool it is! 

I had to do something special with this glitter in honour of its awesomeness so I attempted a glitter gradient over OPI Skull & Glossbones (you know how I love it!). On my first attempt I actually tried to do the much cooler gradient mani where the glitter is the most dense at the cuticle end instead of the tip, but it was quite the failure. So I went back to the easier version of the glitter gradient and was quite impressed with the results, if I do say so myself! To make the tips that little bit extra black I kind of dabbed on some Black Onyx to fill in some stubborn gaps.

I actually still have this manicure on, and I did it on Wednesday night, which is a really long time for a mani for me! That's how much I loved it!

Anyhoo, back to the haul... I got:

  • LA Girl Glitter Addict Uninhibited
  • LA Girl Glitter Addict Celebrate
  • LA Girl Disco Brites Strobe Light
  • NYX Girls Carnival
  • NYX Girls Robotic
  • Kleancolor Metallic Red
  • Kleancolor Blue Satin
  • Kleancolor Disco Ball
  • Kleancolor Holo Chrome
  • Milani 3D Holographic Digital
  • Milani 3D Holographic Cyber Space
  • Milani 3D Holographic High Res

I think that was it. I couldn't wait to try Kleancolor Holo Chome... look how sparkly it is! So amazing. And this wasn't even in proper sunlight! It was a dodgy flash photo. Sydney has been depressingly rainy for the past week, so this was as good as I could get. Excuse the lack of clean up, I was just too dazzled by all the colours of the rainbow coming out of my fingers to bother with any of that!



11 comments:

  1. You just can't go wrong with Skull & Glossbones, I loooove the Pirates bunch. This is so cool with the black. Also I spotted LA girl in a store the other day n wondered about it, keep us informed on how they go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhh wow! I love the black glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you know that if you accidentally press the wrong little link in comment emails, you can't get it back! Might just make them publish automatically from now on! Sorry Anna for me being a doofus and pressing the wrong link! Here's your comment.


    This looks so cool!

    -Anna
    Please check out and follow my blog as well!
    http://www.goingtotheshowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how itd look like with a different background color. How awesome!

    -Anna
    Please checkout and follow my blog as well!
    http://www.goingtotheshowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lveo the black glitter gradient, very nice! Also nice to see Skull & Gloss Bones being used as I am thinking of buying this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eep I love that black glitter!! Where did you find some to ship to Oz? I'm in WA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got it from beautyjoint.com It's where I get my Milani and Kleancolor polishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks I just went on and got a heap, they didn't have uninhibited though :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you get them to look like that? Im 13 and i would really love to try that

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...