Monday, November 28, 2011

Houston, we have too much glitter!


OPI Houston We Have A Purple, Essence Make It Golden, Milani Gold

You can buy Essence in Australia!!! At Target!!! And I'd never even known! I'd been eyeing off a few Essence polishes for a while after seeing them on the interwebs (mainly on Nailside) but I was pretty sure the brand was only available in Europe. So imagine my surprise when there they were in my little country town's Target! They only had the Colour & Go range (not the Nail Art Twins that I so desperately wanted). I managed to limit myself to three - Make It Golden, Blue Addiction and You Belong To Me,  but for only $2.55 a bottle (only 5ml, but oh well) I may have to go grab a few other colours! 

My original plan with this mani was to use Houston We Have A Purple as the base and then just put one coat of Make It Golden over the top. But... the glitter mad part of my brain decided that it just wasn't enough glitter, so I added a coat of Gold and instantly I knew I'd gone too far. Never thought I'd say it, but there was too much glitter! This mani didn't last long because of the over-glittering, also I banged my hand and put a massive dent/hole in one finger just after taking this photo so I would have had to do some serious damage control if I was to keep it on. Just easier to do another mani. And a good excuse to paint my nails twice in one day!

1 comment:

  1. i love this look. sometimes too much glitter can be the perfect amount :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...