Monday, December 26, 2011

Pointy Glitter Tape Manicure


China Glaze Grape Pop, China Glaze Recycle, China Glaze Heli-Yum, Milani Gold

I've been wanting to do a pointy tape manicure for a while now. I'd been waiting to find colours that go together nicely, and were opaque in one coat. In my Christmas haul of nail polish I got a heap of China Glazes, including Grape Pop and Heli-Yum. I was super impressed with how dense the colour was! Grape Pop was better with two coats, but Heli-Yum was a solid one coater! Finally! I had my matching one coaters for tape manis! I did this mani while watching a movie so I could give each coat enough time to dry before putting the sticky tape on it. Then, at the end for a little bit of extra flair I dotted on some glitter from a bottle of Milani Gold, from the Gems FX collection. 

The one thing that confused me with this kind of layering tape mani was the tips of my fingers. Because I have such short nails I never wrap the edges (I think that's what it's called, when you sort of paint the tip edges too) because there just ends up being polish all over my fingers! So when I finished off this manicure I could see each layer of colour on the tips of my nails, and as they wore, the darker colours underneath became really noticeable. Has anyone else had this problem? The only solution I could think of for next time was to remove the polish from the tips of my nails before the last coat, so the last coat would be the only one on the ends, just like a normal mani. I guess I'll just have to do another like this so I can see if that works!

3 comments:

  1. Do the wrap thing then take a Q-tip, rip some of it off, so it's very tiny, soak it in nail polish remover and carefully remove the paint from your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anonymous! I'll try the wrapping and then clean up next time. A bit of mess originally might be worth it if the edges are all lovely at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Reminds me of wonder woman for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...