Thursday, January 12, 2012

Minty Spots


Essie Mint Candy Apple, Ulta3 Gold Rush Fever, Bundle Monster BM-211

Again with the new polishes! This whole living in the city, having access to lots of nail polish is not good for my bank account! Myer was having a sale and Essie was 30% off. I only have one Essie polish and Matt About You, but I've always wanted Mint Candy Apple. I've been really into green nail polish lately, which is a bit strange because I used to have so few greens now I have about a billion of them! Mint Candy Apple is a beautiful mint colour, but was a little b*tch to apply. It was a bit goopy, a bit chalky, kept on making little bald spots, not levelling properly and just generally being annoying. But I forgive it because it's so pretty! Might add a few drops of thinner and see how it goes next time. Of course, I couldn't resist so I stamped a spotty pattern from BM-211 over the top too. 


8 comments:

  1. Can I request a french mani post??? My nails are similar in shape to yours and I would love to see an example so I could make mine look some what decent! Thanks! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll attempt it! I usually steer clear of french manis because I keep my nails on the shorter side and super round so I've always thought a french mani would be odd. I'll give it a go though! You never know what something looks like until you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh! I got the EXACT SAME polish at the EXACT SAME Myer sale lol. Yet to try it though but I've always loved this colour...now I've seen this I need to try it LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must have the same nail polish brain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love mint candy apple but I have the exact same problem!
    What kind of thinner would you recommend? I don't have any, so I'd love to know what you use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the OPI thinner, mainly because it was the only one I've ever seen in a shop locally to buy. I really like it though! I'd definitely recommend having thinner in general.

      Delete
  6. could you suggest a nice quality nail stamping kit to buy??? I have no clue where to start... thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know all that much about stamping kits, but I use Bundle Monster plates and a Konad stamper and scraper.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...